The City of Erie Investment Prospectus is intended for individuals and corporations looking to invest capital gains in our city’s eight Opportunity Zones. The City of Erie is committed to getting it into the hands of wealth advisors, investment bankers, accountants, private equity firms, family offices, venture capital firms, angel investment groups, and social impact investors at a local, regional, and national level.
Investors, outside investors in particular, want the top line messages of what makes our city compelling. This prospectus lays out the main selling points that investors should know upfront –
Why Should They Invest in Erie?
You’ll find in this document that we believe there are a multitude of reasons to invest in Erie. But we’ve identified the following as our main selling points:
- The nearly $750 capital investment we’ve seen across all sectors, Private, Philanthropic, and Public sector
- Our Bayfront and our water. And those corresponding assets
- 23,000 University students that live in Erie at any given time
- Our Secure Smart City in coordination and partnership with the Erie Innovation District
- The over 1,000,000 square feet of commercial and residential property prime for redevelopment
In addition to those headline grabbing reasons to invest in Erie, we feature what we call illustrative investment opportunities – or shovel ready projects. This list is in no way exhaustive. But we’ve attempted to best identify to the shovel ready projects, or intermediates in place to help investors identify viable investment opportunities, whether that be in operating businesses, startup businesses, mixed-use development, affordable housing, or industrial redevelopment.