Entries for 'SuperUser Account'
Posted on October 29, 2013 12:36
Gannon University is giving back to the City of Erie today. The University announced that they are giving a cash contribution of half a million dollars, which will be used for public safety initiatives.
Posted on October 03, 2013 12:24
On Sunday, October 13th
, the City’s annual fall leaf collection begins. Once again this year, residents may continue placing all compostable items (yard, garden and leaf waste) in open hard containers on their regularly scheduled refuse night throughout the fall season. For those with large quantities of leaves, green biodegradable bags may also be used. Clear bags or any other bags will not be accepted
Posted on September 25, 2013 05:10
October has long been recognized as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Once again Mayor Joseph E. Sinnott will turn the water in the Perry Square fountain pink throughout the month of October as a reminder of the importance of education, early detection and treatment of breast cancer. Join us for the 12:15 PM program in East Perry Square on Friday, October 4th.
Posted on July 02, 2013 05:25
The 2013 street paving list is now available.
Posted on April 03, 2013 10:48
City of Erie Compost Collection
Begins Sunday, March 24, 2013
City of Erie Annual Single Large Item Collection Program
- Pickup is every week on your regular collection night.
- Compost material includes: grass, leaves, hedge trimmings, garden clipping, etc.
- Place compostable material in hard containers with handles (50 lb. limit).
- DO NOT use cardboard boxes or bags.
- DO NOT dispose of compost in garbage.
Sunday, April 7, 2013 thru Thursday, May 2, 2013
City residents can place (1) one large item per week curbside on their normal refuse night.
City of Erie Tire Recycling Collection Day
- The program is limited to household trash. Examples are: a couch, a chair, a lamp, a dresser, a broken television, etc.
- As of Jan 24, 2013, Covered Electronic Devices are no longer allowed to be disposed of with regular household trash according to PA Act 108.
- Covered Electric Devices NOT accepted: TV, desktop & laptop computers, computer monitors, computer peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printer & speakers), e-readers. These items must be recycled at Electronics & Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events or at participating retailers (visit eriecountyrecycling.com for more details)
- Other items not accepted: large appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, hot water tanks, air conditioners, automotive batteries, tires, paint cans, oil cans or any other hazardous fluid containers or construction material of any kind
- All other Refuse & Recycling guidelines remain the same. Normal household refuse, exclusive of the one large item, must be in bags or containers as presently required.
Saturday, May 4, 2013 City Municipal Garage Complex 1926 Holland Street
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM (or until trailers are full)
- (6) Six tires per address Resident – Photo ID required.
- Passenger vehicle/light truck tires only.
- No rims.
Call 870-1450 for more information